Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Dedication to Remembrance

A long day passing
Passing by like the precious final breath of waking life
Before the soul succumbs to sleep, I lay and wonder
How much of the ethereal being is embodied by the consciousness
And how much beyond
If erasing blocks of memories will change the person now
If memory was temporal like a breath but still I fill in the inconsistencies and missing spaces
I lay and wonder if, like a soft polymer tablet, something organic is altered
With each impressionable encounter
Now
I can never if desired be the same again
Even if the memories fade or expire
When we meet again
By chance encounter
Before the soul succumbs to sleep, I lay and wonder
A different time
A different place
Was it through fortune
I came to know you
Or was it something
Much beyond
Waking life
And how much beyond
When we meet
Again
A long day
Passing

No comments:

Post a Comment